The past few years have highlighted the importance of well trained and equipped firefighters to our nation, state and local communities. Major incidents and accidents have tested the skill of these dedicated community servants and their families.
Over the years the Stanford Fire Department has worked very hard to provide the highest quality o f service to the people of the City of Stanford. We have an outstanding group of firefighters who work hard and train diligently. They take great pride in both the services they provide and in our department. They consistently push for innovation and excellence! Our City government supports the Fire Department, and due to this reason, the Fire Department has been able to accomplish a tremendous amount of improvements within the last several years. We look forward to our continued growth and development as a department and a viable economic factor within the city.
The most important function of any Fire Department is prevention. Through education and inspections, we hope to prevent/reduce the occurrence of situations that produce injury, death, and destruction of property or negatively impact our environment. Our goal is always to save lives save property and prevent damage to the environment.
We appreciate your interest and continued support for our department. If you have any questions about our department or the services we provide, please feel tree to contact Fire Chief, Scott Maples at (606) 365-4501. And, always be fire safe!
The City of Stanford Fire Department will provide fire suppression to the City of Stanford to the level of training which has been received by its personnel, and with the equipment provided. In addition, the department shall:
- Develop and implement a fire prevention and public education program geared at reducing the loss of life and property by fire.
- Respond to hazardous materials incidents on the Operations level and work closely and courteously with higher-level agencies in further reducing the hazard.
- Assist and remove victims of accidents and incidents through the use of extrication and rescue procedures within the capability of this department.
- Assist the inhabitants of the City of Stanford in times of need in dealing with situations caused by man-made and natural disasters.
- Provide mutual aid assistance to departments or organizations, which may require our resources.
- Obtain the latest in training techniques to the best of our ability
- Be responsible for the department budget and the equipment operated by this department.
- Provide our services to our customers in the most professional, skillful and diligent manner possible.
Click below to access The City of Stanford Burn Ordinance: