Skip to main navigation Skip to main content


Be sure to call City Hall (606)365-4500 to Adopt a Pole for our Fall 2020 Campaign.  Decorations need to be in place by Oct 3, 2020.

**************************************************************************************

Stanford Wilderness Road Car Cruise-In

Friday Night on Main Street, September 18, 2020

5:00-8:00pm

Food, Fun, Music and Plaques!

Hope to see you there!

********************************************************

Accident Reports are now being made available by going to BuyCrash.  More detailed information can be found by clicking on the City Departments tab at the top of this page and then selecting Police Department in the left hand column.

_____________________________________________________

***ONLINE BILL PAY IS AVAILABLE!!***

Our online bill pay function is available through our website at www.stanford.ky.gov.  All license, taxes and fees can be paid online and receipts and license will be emailed or mailed.  Also payments may be dropped off in the drop box located on the front porch of the new City Hall. 

***************************************

We have moved!! 

City Hall is now located at 403 East Main Street in the Holton House and... 

renovations are well under way at the Old City Hall Building to house the Stanford Police Department.  

We can't wait until everything is completed and we can schedule an open house for all our citizens, family and friends to come and see the great progress being made in our beautiful city!

Visit our events page to stay updated on area happenings or call City Hall (606)365-4500 for more information!

___________________________________________________________

Stanford was founded in 1775 by Benjamin Logan as Logan's Fort, alternately known as St. Asaph, the name given it by Logan. The site of the fort is about one mile west of the courthouse at the center of town. The name "Fort Logan" is still used to this day by local businesses, including the Fort Logan Hospital and Standing Fort Collectibles. The main street was built on what was originally a buffalo trail.

Photo Credit: Brian Duncan